2018 WSKW Conference October 10-12 Harrahs in Reno, Nevada International and U.S. faculty and students from all Kinesiology and Health-Related disciplines Welcome! Theme: Collaborative Approach in the Search for Answers Deadline for all submissions is June 15, 2018
Submitting a Proposal
WSKW has a long-standing tradition of providing a forum specifically designed for students – the R. D. Peavy Papers.
In one of three categories, students can submit proposals to do a poster presentation that
- is a critique of one research article on a topic in our field (ideal for undergrads),
- presents a review of literature in a topic area (a bit more challenging) or
- presents findings from original work (particularly appropriate for masters and Ph.D. students).
For original research, students with particularly strong proposals may be invited to do an oral presentation.
- Review the guidelines below for the type of presentation you would like to do.
- Discuss your plans with a faculty member at your campus to gather advice/input.
- Write your proposal in accordance with the proposal instructions below for the type of presentation you are planning. Be sure to review the evaluation guide so you know what criteria will be used in the review process.
- If you have co-authors, be sure they have reviewed/approved the proposal before you submit it.
Submit proposals here: https://goo.gl/Atyv39
Questions can be directed to:
Student Presentations Coordinator
University of Saint Mary
Resources & Awards
Your very best resource as you prepare your proposal will be found among the faculty at your institution. Ask them for a review of your proposal and use their feedback to strengthen your work before submitting it for review.
Poster Templates: On the WWW, you can find many sites that provide free templates for creating your poster. Here are just a few:
In each category, an award is given recognizing particularly good work.
On site, during your session, evaluators will review your work and subsequently select one presentation for recognition.
Q & A
No. While we are certainly seeking theme-related presentations, WSKW has always provided a venue for a broad range of topics to be presented.
We plan to do our best to get word back by July 15th to those who submit proposals.